For job applicants located in China, our Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice also applies to you.
Collection and Use of Sensitive Personal Information
Information regarding any of your financial accounts may be considered sensitive personal information. Applied Materials processes such information only as necessary to facilitate dealings or transactions with you. We will adopt strict security measures when processing your sensitive personal information.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties
Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
We will use a lawful cross-border transfer mechanism to transfer your personal information overseas and adopt necessary measures to ensure the overseas recipients can provide the same level of protection as required under applicable Chinese laws.
Retention and Security of Personal Information
Applied Materials only keeps personal information for as long as it is necessary to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, except where applicable laws and administrative regulations stipulate otherwise.
We use technical, administrative, and physical measures to protect your personal information. In case a security incident occurs, we will take remediation actions immediately and notify relevant government agencies and affected individuals, when required by applicable Chinese laws.
Personal Information Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information that Applied Materials collects and uses:
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information: You have the right to request that we provide you with access to or a copy of your personal information unless otherwise specified by applicable Chinese laws;
- Right to portability: You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to entities appointed by you in accordance with the requirements as set out under applicable Chinese laws;
- Right to rectification: If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that we update and rectify your personal information;
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete your personal information if one of the following conditions is satisfied:
- The purpose of the processing has been achieved, is impossible to achieve, or it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of processing;
- The retention period ends;
- You have withdrawn your consent, if we rely on your consent to process your personal information; or
- We violate laws or administrative regulations when processing your personal information;
- Right to request explanation: You may request that we explain how Applied Materials processes your personal information;
- Right to object to and restrict processing: You may ask us to stop or restrict our processing of your personal information, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it - unless our processing of your personal information is necessary for your employment or is mandatorily required under applicable laws; and
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw consent to future processing at any time.
To request to exercise your rights or if you have any questions about this China Addendum or how we process your personal information, please contact us at DataProtection@amat.com. We will respond your request in a timely manner after verifying your identity.