HeadSmart is a Total Kit Management® CMP head rebuild service that combines cleaning, part replacement, re-assembly and testing. HeadSmart ensures the highest quality rebuilds for CMP heads, leading to better on-tool performance.
WHAT IT OFFERS
- A fixed price integrated solution that enables predictable cost forecasting
- Offsite head rebuilds, which saves valuable floor space
- More predictable costs due to tighter distribution of head performance
- Comprehensive multi point and certification of every polishing head before it goes on the tool
WHAT IT INCLUDES
- Customized bill of materials for each head using (1) Applied Materials certified OEM parts and (2) part numbers and change frequency specific to customer
- Access to Applied best practices and knowledge network
- Rebuild procedures that follow approved BKMs
- Transportation to and from your fab
When combined with QuickStart™—an optional add-on service that brings CMP retaining rings into production-ready condition—the solution includes head burn-in and testing, which can result in up to 5% increase in tool availability. The program can also lead to >50% improvement in MWBR by (1) reducing early head failures and (2) improving predictable performance and costs due to tighter distribution of head performance.